RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Walter Semerenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:36:29 +0000
Tom Billings wrote:

>In closing, I strongly recommend reading the article - and taking the
>message to heart. Be aware that dogma and zealotry are far too common in the raw movement.
>We can have an open, honest raw foods movement: simply ignore the zealots with
>their mindless slogans and narrow dogma, and think for yourself.  Be open,
>but apply common sense and be skeptical.

>P.S. the title above is a play on the phrase "give me that old time religion",
>as the zealots have made rawism into a narrow minded pseudo-religion. (No
>disrespect is intended here towards genuine religions.)

I wondering if you the zealots that you are referring to are groups like the
Hallelujah Acres.  I haven't explored the web site fully, but they give a
lot of good information and also a lot of reliogious rhetoric.  They base
their diets from a "Biblical Perspective" which sounds rather pompous.  (I
didn't know all that information could be found in the bible :-)

Other people like Paul Bragg seems to have a biblical bias, but doesn't seem
to be pushy about it.  I'm really admire the man in fact.  The HPS web site
has a bit of Toaist leanings, but is open minded towards other religions.
As a believer in the principles of Unitarian Universalism, I take as much
information from many sources, sift out the crap and take what is good.

Walter.