RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:55:14 -0400
Dariusz:
> I began with my almost all-raw diet only this summer and things are going
> quite well.  However, I have my doubts as to how I'll manage to keep the
> percentage of raw foods in the 80-90% range during winter.  I live in
> Montreal (Canada) and winters here mean very low temperatures, which in
> turn means very few fresh fruits or vegetables or very high prices on the
> latter.

> I suppose growing some grains/seeds or sprouting them would be an
> alternative, but I'd like to think there are other ways.
> I prefer to stay away from dried fruits.

Last winter, when I was in France by temperatures around -13 degree C
(10 degree F), I didn't feel colder than when I used cooked food,
but the greateset problem I had was to have a sufficiently varied diet.
The only thing which saved me from boredom was to use a variety of
sprouts (such as mung beans, kamut, lentils...) and rotate between them.

All foods rich in fat (nuts, sunflower seeds, avocados, coconut) and
foods rich in protein (seeds, animal food...) help to increase the
body temperature.

But I found that eating acid pineapples or acid oranges made me literally
shiver. Of course, do not eliminate juicy fruits completely, but be
moderate.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis