RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 12:25:36 -0600
Kirt:
>>It's kinda hard to know how disgusted to be. I'm
>>especially curious about the ages of the children.

JL:
>Here is a sample [Note: the shortcomings of the following translation
>are due to my lack of proficiency in English, rather than a lack
>of objectivity in my reading. Translating into a foreign language is
>not an easy exercise]<snip>

Thanks so much for your translating, Jean-Louis. It was probably a large
effort and I greatly appreciate it. Very very sad stuff. Even if the
allegations are only 10% true there is great cause for alarm. Where there's
smoke there's fire and I have seen nothing but smoke over the last 8 years.

Stefan:
>> Despite all this I think Burger and the residents of Montrame have
>> exceeded the limits of what society tolerates considerably. Not very
>> wise to do so.

Karl:
>I am not sure if they really did.
>This seems to be a case of misinterpretation, wilful or not.

Can you elaborate? Do you suppose there is a chance that Burger is
misrepresenting (willfully or not) these matters as well, or would he
always be "right"?

Stefan:
>> children were becoming lucky and loving beings after some months.

Karl:
>I heard the same. The summer camp must have been a lot of fun for
>all people involved. And all children I met on my few visits at
>Montrame looked very well balanced to me.

How long were your visits? Did you spend the night? It is easy to visit the
beautiful Chateau, eat very well, and get caught up in a romantic vision of
finally being at a place of loving and au naturel humans--part of the myth
of instincto, that we become pristine and Perfect if we eat right.

Karl:
>Kirt, how can you talk about Mr. Burgers 'wayward ways' like you did.
>Or do you know anything special? Did you take Meta courses?

I can talk about Mr. Burger's wayward ways very easily.
Everything I know about meta I have posted. Can you say the same?
No, I never took the Meta courses. And I have always been looking for
someone who has who would share what it is/was all about. Bruno, Bruno,
Bruno, where art thou?

Kirt:
>> That's what it is now, no? Yes, I agree that he has gone too far and that
>> it is a justification of his own homosexual and pedophiliac pulsions.

Karl:
>What do you know about that?

Only what I have posted. Can you say the same?

>Do you really have facts about his behavior?

Only what I have posted. Can you say the same?

>Otherwise your writing contributes to the character assassination that
>is currently happening in the press.

This is quite so if it somehow turns out that he is unjustly accused. On
the other hand for the "true believers" he will likely always be a guru and
no amount of evidence will get through to them.

>I don't know much but I would condemn somebody before real evidence is
>on the table and proven.

It is proven to my satisfaction. The idea that Guy-Claude is a victim of
the press/authorities is pretty weak IMO. Who cares about a bunch of raw
food eaters? The folks at Montrame appear to be much more than a bunch of
raw food eaters--_that_ is why the authorities are miffed, and reportedly
have been for years. Further, if instincto was really such a cure all it
would be likely be gaining good press. Undenatured foods are important but
the situation at Montrame shows to me that there is little correlation
between the purest diet and mental imbalance. Raw foods probably make one's
situation worse if one is unable or unwilling to deal with the "emotional
detox" that Ellie refers to. Take away the pallitive nature of denatured
foods and one is left with fewer defense mechanisms to suppress the painful
load of early unmet need. But where one is no longer using cigerettes,
pizza, brown rice, or recreational drugs, there remains weird ideational
schemes (and the bane of instincto: overeating) to defend against one's
inner pain. Instinctos seem to be little better off than any other rawists
in this regard, perhaps less so since the founding father of instincto is
so off base and has so poorly influenced so many with his Meta balderdash.

What is needed is someone with their head screwed on right who has been
close to the scene at Montrame for decades to share their impressions. The
problem is that such a person probably wouldn't stick around such a place
very long. Meta is a noose around instincto and it has hopefully run its
course. I understood from a couple vistors at Montrame (when we were there
in the late 80's) that the majority of instinctos go their own way, and
pretty much disassociate themselves from Burger and Montrame. I wonder if
the ones who remain and get into all the Meta mumbo jumbo aren't
self-selected in regards to their suseptability to cults. Casual visitors
like me (and you it sounds) are hardly going to know the true goings on in
such a situation.

Now it sounds like some true "undercover" investigation has occurred and
folks close to the scene are speaking out. As horrifying as the revelations
are, they are long overdue.

Kirt:
>> Righto. Show me a boy that demands Burger sodomize him and I'll show
>> you a vulnerable kid who fell for a cult.

Karl:
>This is very hard language.

Really? I thought I was being very reserved about this issue.

Cheers,
Kirt