RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:14:56 -0500 (CDT)
Tom:
>I would suggest reviewing the data on the ketogenic diet - the web
>site, books, etc. Then, once you have a clear idea of the composition
>of the diet, you might be able to develop a raw version or raw
>alternate.

I agree with Tom. The low carbohydrate, ketogenic diet has been very
effective with some forms of epilepsy. Also, Aajonus Vonderplanitz in
his book "We Want To Live" (1-800-BOOK LOG) recommends lots of raw fat
& raw animal fat - big surprise :-) - no cooked fats or cooked animal
foods and slowly weaning off the medication reducing it every three to
four months. Supplementation with a combination of the amino acid
Taurine and Magnesium has also shown some promising results with
epilepsy. I would recommend seeing a ND who has had experience with
this condition before starting on any treatment plan.

Sheila:
>When is the gathering at Breitenbush being held?

July 18-20. For the full program go to
http://wwww.rawtimes.com/h-essene.html

>And, when and where is the permaculture course by Bill Mollison? Does
>he live outside the US?

In Southern California (Ojai) June 16-27. In Northern California July
14-25. I believe that he resides in Australia. For information or to
register call 415-365-2993 or email [log in to unmask]

Best, Peter