RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 10:48:17 -0400 (EDT)
<<  can anyone out  there tell me how i can grow these sprouts myself?  >>

Well, Gail, you have the dubious honor of being the recipient of my first
contribution to this list.  I began using sprouts fairly heavily since '91,
on the advice of Ron Weston, a 50+year raw food Natural Hygienist living in a
off-the-grid cabin near Ontario, CN.  He recommends using a collander for
growing ALL sprouts & reating them "young", when the tails are about the
length of the seed -- which I've been doing since.  I found plastic trays by
SproutMaster to be much superior, easier, more convenient than a collander &
have been using them since '91.  I think they cost $3 ea & I bought 9 &
presently have about three with various stages of sprouts full time.  Simply
dump 1/2 cup or so of whatever sprouts into the tray, immerse the tray in
water a few seconds (or soak 10 min -- to overnite for some nuts & legumes if
you prefer), then rinse the sprouts in the trays a couple times a day.  I eat
most after 1-3 days in the trays & havent had much use for the grass that
grows when the sprouts are mature.

Tom Billings is a great source of material on this subject & will probably
E-mail you or the list info on request. ([log in to unmask]).

I was glad to read about uncooked foods here at last; was beginning to think
this group was only interested in toxic cooked stuff like pies!  ;-)

'ealth & 'appiness to y'all,

Bo7b