RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 22:40:46 -0500 (CDT)
>Gee, I've missed out somehow, having lived mostly raw food intake
>since '90 & not experienced much of the hate/fear stuff nor even
>zealots.  Perhaps I've led a sheltered life, mostly giving & seeking
>support in the  NHM2M?  Or perhaps I are one?  ;-)  Are the NLF (sp?)
>folks & the colonel what you're reffering to.

Bob, you are a gregarious kind of person who gets on with most people
always seeing the best in them. This is a very admirable quality but I
think it makes you a little blind to the darker sides of human nature.
Also, the fact that the average zealot very often is a conspiracy buff
like yourself might obscure your vision a little and make you oblivious
to their presence, for the NH M2M is by no means zealot free. Their
propensity for seeing conspiracies aside, what most dietary zealots
have in common are their vegan sympathies - and yes there are many
vegan supporters who do not belong in this category - but my experience
in the NH M2M and in this forum is that the less animal foods people
have in their diets, the less concern they have & and the less
responsibility they take for the quality of community & interaction.
Fact is that I have no recollection of any vegan sympathizer ever
coming out and expressing support for the guiding principles for this
list. Go figure.

Best, Peter