RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:58:13 +0100 (MET)

> My impression from the english translation of Burger's Manger Vrai was that
> he did eat some "poison" mushrooms at that test that were only OK and that
> there were some consequences which he didn't detail. He seemed to be kind
> of apologizing for the event, not really boasting of his success. I'll have
> to take another look at it...

Actually, the original text is not absolutely clear. Burger says that
he should have been repelled by the not really pleasant smell of the
amanita, but he tried because of his (human) curiosity: the more he
chew it, the more its taste became ugly.
Then, he says "je n'ai pas poursuivi l'experience" (he didn't continue
that experience).

So, his point of view is that, if one is careful enough and really
listens to its instinct, there shouldn't be any danger of poisoning,
but he warns us that, unless we are truly experienced instinctos, we
should avoid eating unknown mushrooms.

Best, JLT