RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 10:16:33 -0500
Peter:
>Pat,  I have been a vegetarian
>for 25 years with periods of cooked/raw vegan in between, and I have
>decided now to introduce some RAF's to my diet. Before I do that I want
>to have some blood tests done so I can monitor my progress. Are their
>any specific tests that you think would be relevant for me to take?

Peter, I don't know your age, but if you began this regimen as an adult, and
are healthy, and have had a complete physical with a biochemical profile,
urinalysis and hematological work before or since you began this diet, to
establish a baseline(which everyone who can do so, SHOULD DEFINITELY DO!!,
particularly when experiencing dizziness, euphoria, weakness and other
abnormal symptoms I've been hearing on this list), then a routine physical
and follow-up with your doctor's lab request will offer the best insurance
coverage. If you haven't had this physical before it is always a good thing
to have, and be sure to ask for a copy of all medical findings and keep them
yourself, as this is a mobile society, and you or your doctor may move, or
whatever.You pay for these results, insist on it.

 I am new here, and this may have been covered (assuredly!)so forgive,
please. Raw foods of any sort have gotten into a real mess in this world,
subject to the untrained, seemingly uncaring legislation and monitoring of
the government.(Sorry, Bill, I don't buy the lack of funding, lack of
personel bs in light of the $trillions you extract from us!! Now I ask you,
what function do you think is most important in our government? Why it's our
safety and health, right? Everything else has to find its' place below that
directive, that mandate, IMNSHO).

 So it behooves us to be vitally concerned as to the source of anything we
put in our mouths and swallow.That said, I would submit that we are
carnivores who can benefit from small amounts of meat and it's unique
biochemical nutrients, and certainly from a diverse, rich selection of
fruits and vegetables. Now, unfortunately, we must endeavor as religiously
to locate safe food as we used to endeavor to hunt and gather it. And, as
that is more expensive, quite so sometimes, you must elect to enjoy the
growing, hunting, seeking, and forego other pleasures. Get comfortable with
these priorites, and this will enrich your life.

Now, let's see--what was the question??!!

Pat