RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 07:02:37 -0800
Tom:
>> If one is on a high % fruit diet long enough,
>> one may experience a feeling of mental 'lightness', which some mistake for
>> a spiritual experience, but others more accurately compare to a mild drug
>> high.

Michael Clingman:
>I've also had this feeling and considered it one of the major benefits of
>an all raw diet.  However I've read that this feeling may be due to zinc
>deficiency which can occur on vegan diets.  If anyone's interested I will
>try to find the reference.

Tom:
Thanks for your comments, Michael! I would be very interested in any references
to the above noted phenomenom. An interesting side note: some anorexics report
a similar mental feeling, and some Psychiatrists report success in treating
anorexia nervosa with zinc supplements. So, there may be a linkage here.
Interesting!

Tom Billings