From:
Sharon M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:21:06 -0400
Dean Esmay wrote:

> >Out of curiousity, about how many grams of protein are you eating daily
> >at the present time?
>
> Whatever 2-3 pounds of red meat contains.
snip

> Although I think it is probably the case that the vast majority of humans
> need some meat in their diet, I'm about convinced that there are some
> humans who need far more of it than others, and that others won't feel
> right if they're eating too much meat.  I suspect that some people will be
> happier and healthier eating meat 2-3 times a week, and others will be
> happier and healthier eating meat 3-4 times a day (like me).

Something's got this lurker wound up tonite.
Dr. William Kelly wrote a book in the 70s called, "One Man's Answer to
Cancer". He described how he cured himself of pancreatic cancer by
determining the kind of diet his metabolism required (greatly simplified
review by this non-typist who hasn't read the book in 15 or more years)
accompanied by other measures including large amts of pancreatic
enzymes. For him it was a vegetarian regime in which his wife
enthusiastically joined. As he got better she got sicker. Bottom line:
years of research and experience with many patients, Kelly came up with
10 metabolic types, 2 of which (type 2 and type 5) needed meat and could
not achieve health  without it. Type 2, as I recall, had a need for
large daily quantities, type 5 needed meat at least 3-4 times a week. He
told of a patient, a man who worked in a butcher shop, shamefacedly
confessing that he would sneak into the freezer and eat large chunks of
raw meat, that he absolutely craved it. Type 2! For anyone who knows
anything about the autonomic nervous system, the meat needers are
*generally* parasympathetic dominant. One hint on determining your
dominance is that parasymps are more prone to inflammatory
problems---conditions that end in "itis" and also allergies,
hypoglycemia.

Ok, that's 4 cents worth for tonight

Sharon