From:
Sharon M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:41:20 -0400
Susan Carmack wrote:

> As a Celiac I have been gluten free for 2 years, dairy free for 1 year and
> Paleo for 1 month. Previously I had been vegetarian for about 10 years.
> Since beginning Neanderthin eating, (the book was excellent) I have become
> itchy again (like pre-gf eating) and I don't think I have ever had more GAS.

Susan,

This is from some of the "trivia stored in my head". When one has been
vegetarian for a long time the stomach ceases to produce hydrochloric
acid which is needed for meat and other protein digestion. Hop on over
to your nearest healthfood store and pick up some HCL, preferably in
capsules as opposed to tablets. Twinlabs makes a good one. Start off
with one cap per meal and keep increasing till your digestion feels
normal. Many in the holistic field claim that as we get older we produce
less and less acid and that most of us need this supplemental help.

Hope this is what you're looking for

Sharon/starshar