From:
Mary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:37:48 -0700
Hi J., P., and all,

Rumor has it that the developers here hauled away the topsoil and sold
it!  Since we've been here, we've done some things to improve the soil
(bags of stuff) and I've been digging under almost all of the organic
food wastes for 7 yrs. just under the surface, so they'll decompose.  Is
that a bad idea (fostering ants)?  I still haven't managed to compost.
My grandfather grew his own veggies and the carrots were unsurpassed.
He rootcellared them in dirt in bushel baskets I think.  Thanks for the
tip about the leaves, John.  We do have those and I will have to
atttempt to compost those in.  Well, at least this post is food-related,
i.e. what to do with all the scraps!  I think "grow your own" is very
appropriate for "paleo" ideas.  Mary J.