From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 17:20:25 -0400
On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Robert wrote:

> Moira wrote:
> <sniP>
>
> >Also, my son is skinny as a rail, what can I do to fatten him up?
>

> _Dont_ have him in ketosis if you want him heavier.
> Feed him a high carb diet with ample fat in it. Keep raising his calories
> in 400 cal increments every few days until he starts gaining.
(snip)
>  Robert <:^>

Moira, why do you want to fatten him up?  What's his
weight/age/height/body build?  Unless he's got a medical reason for
gaining weight, it might not be a good idea to try to make him gain
weight.

My youngest sister eats a healthy diet, but weighs 105 lbs at 5'6" - it's
genetic, and she's quite healthy.   And my husband was about 140 lbs at
age 18 (6'3") when he went into the Navy.  He gained weight (muscle
weight) in boot camp!  Now, at age 45, he's about 180 lbs, which is
allright.  He just filled out naturally as he got older.

You might try enrolling him in some sort of program that will encourage
muscle development; he'll want to eat more and be less skinny.  Well,
unless it's track & field; runners all seem wiry to me.

Corbie