From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:48:52 -0400
Right.  But who's talking out against the evils of chlorinated water?  No
one.  Who's talking out against the evils of white sugar or flour?  No one.
 This is exactly what I'm talking about.  The science is all there, for
anyone who wants to look.  Yet the media strangely continues to basically
ignore what could be the biggest story of the century.

It is silenced.  Honestly, until you wrote this, I'd never even heard of
chlorine in sugar, flour or water being a problem!  Why not?  It just
doesn't make sense.  If someone found another reason to jump on the
"saturated fat is bad" bandwagon, you bet we'd hear it.  Because no company
produces and sells saturated fat as a product (although, that's really not
true because trans-fats are artificially saturated but not listed that
way).  No company profits directly from the manufacture and sale of
saturated fats.  Does this mean there's a conspiracy?  I don't know.  Does
it indicate that corporations who are aware of the health damage they are
causing are at the very least keeping their mouths shut so that they can
continue to rake in the profits?  You bet.

John Pavao

>on the sugar front.  The history of sugar is rife with examples of
>well-meaning people who tried to get the word out who were discredited or
>otherwise silenced.
        OK silence this.  "White sugar, flour and chlorinated water have
chlorine
compound residues that are CAUSAL in liver and bowel cancers."  J. of
American Toxicology May or June 1995.
        Also, many of the observed problems that parents see are really due
CORN Syrup or artificial colors.