From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 14:31:56 -0400
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Moira wrote:

> I would like to completely Neanderthin him, to see it if "cures" autism.

This would be good news indeed.

> One
> of his main problems is a continual candida problem, caused by years of
> antibiotics, which he got since he was allergic to dairy, and I did not know
> it. In other words, IF he had been on Neanderthin from the start, he would
> probably be normal today. The vaccines set up a reaction in which his immune
> system was seriously impaired, making him very allergic to dairy and gluten,
> these proteins went through his leaky gut and swelled his brain tissues. The
> candida give off toxins, and he also has unfriendly bacteria. He is getting
> acidophilus supplements, however, still has a Clostridia (bad bacteria)
> problem.

This may be precisely what happened -- or it may not be.  To the
extent that dietary toxins contribute to autism and other
disorders, it would undoubtedly be safer for all children to be
on a natural diet.  My own son has definitely benefited from a
gluten-free diet, but it hasn't "cured" him yet.  The addition or
subtraction of dairy foods doesn't seem to make any discernible
difference.  He was dairy-free for only six months, and when we
tried re-introducing diary foods, nothing special happened.  Not
so with gluten.

But certain ideas keep cropping up.  For example, your mention of
swelling of brain tissues suggests a chronic inflammatory
process.  We now understand that such processes are controlled by
the ratio of series 2 over series 1 eicosanoids.  That is, the
higher the ratio of 2 over 1, the more inflammation.  We also
know that a low-carb diet favors 1 over 2, and that certain fatty
acids also help with this, notably the omega-3 fats.  According
to my recent reading on the spice turmeric, it too favors series
1 over 2 eicosanoids, and is known to be anti-inflammatory.

> One friend of mine who has "recovered" her child from autism, said I should
> not give my child Neanderthin as his liver is too damaged from all the
> toxins, cannot at this point tolerate so much protein. She advocates a lot
> of vegetables and rice.

I see no reason to believe such assertions, unless you have test
results showing impaired liver function.  The trouble with what
she suggests is that it is very likely to be a high-carb diet,
and that could cause trouble.

> So, to this point, he gets fresh meats and fish, rice noodles, rice bread,
> and vegetables, a little bit of fresh fruit. I am wondering what would
> happen if I removed the rice products? Can a weakened system tolerate
> Neanderthin?

I suspect that nothing much would happen, but it's worth a try.
Will he eat nuts?  They might help to substitute for the rice, in
terms of food volume, etc.  My son likes pumpkin seeds and a few
other kinds of nuts.

Todd Moody