From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 19:23:14 -0400
Toby Martin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>what are your bowel
>movements like? (I prefer mine frequent and bulky, and partly to
>encourage this,

When I was growing up one per day was considered normal. It was not to
float. Along the way people started to eat more and more grains and such,
and BMs increased. All of sudden having more became normal, and doctors
started saying anything that you normally do is okay.

> I eat maybe 30-60g of fibre a day.)

How do you do this on a Paleolithic diet? Lots of fruit? It wouldn't be
Paleolithic to force anything. They didn't know what fiber was.

>2. Our ancestors wouldn't have had easy access to the same quantity of
>berries that we do... are you really following the paleolithic diet if
>you pig out on them?

This thread started when Lisa Sporleder said she had lots of wild berries
behind her property. Nothing about buying them has been discussed. What
makes you think that for the three weeks of the year that ripe ones are
available they didn't have an abundance of them?

Don.