RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 14:30:24 -0400
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Stefan:

> Exceptions: honey plus bee pollen should be eaten as a monomeal at
> noon, because pollen is classified as protein. Now I hear you ask:
> isn't this another example of a sugar/protein-combination? Sure! But
> this one ocurred frequently in nature because a honeycomb often is
> filled with honey and pollen.
> Likewise you can drink coconut juice (sugar) and eat the flesh toge-
> ther with it (protein).
> And durian + durian cores, rambutans + rambutan cores, peaches
> + the core (if you like hydrogenic acid), watermelon including its
> small cores, etc.

I would be interested if you (or someone else) had a precise biochemical
explanation that exceptions exist. The simplest explanation I see is that
the quantity of protein you eat with durian cores is much lower than when
you eat tuna (for instance), so it won't perturb your digestion. Same
thing for pollen: very little pollen is naturally present in the comb,
you eat only a few grains.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis