RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:56:43 -0700
From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
   What's ACOA?  Alienated Codependents of America?

Ellie:
Good name for ACOA!! I love it. In case you really don't know it's Adult
Children of Alcoholics, better named Adult Children from Dysfunctional
Families or better Adult Children with Repressed Emotions. Your name is
better yet. I often feel alientated from society because most in society
don't think it's nice for me to have my sometimes negative feelings. It's
considered immoral. But morality makes for madness. IMO some of those
moral zealot vegans would benefit from ACOA or therapy, although their
diet may also contribute to zealotry. Therapy is a bad word, the kind of
therapy I mean is a redirecting of emotions and a therapist could be a
good friend or spouse who's also doing the work of getting out stored up
emotions (emotions are stored as biochemicals in Toxic Minds)  People
would also benefit who are trying to detoxify through good nutrition,
because the sympathetic nervous system (sns)controls the detoxification
process and also controls the instinctive fight or flight response with
it's emotions like anger. If the sns is clogged up with toxins (the
biochemical emotions), it can't properly control the detox. Civilization
has caused us to suppress the fight or flight response. Wild animals
don't get mentally ill or physically ill either, unless they're thrown
into zoos, and then they can go biserk just like I did. A clogged up sns
(in the brain its termed noradrenergic system) can account for people not
only having symtpoms of emotional disease on any good diet, but also
cancer, heart disease etc, since the sns controls so many functions of
internal organs, etc. More diseases are psychosomatic than we realize.
Maybe Burger's wife?? I don'know her story.

My best, Ellie