Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 00:18:21 -0700
7bit
From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:

>the mythology of
> the earth mother, which needless to say does nothing to restore the lost
> unity. [Note - those ugly little women ("venuses") are found in mass
> graves of disinterred (ripped to pieces) males.

The statuets mentioned were not likely religious objects in a mesolithic totemic religion.  In
such religions, representations of people are usually very simple stick figures - the artistic
expression is saved for the animals (see any cave painting).

So what were they?  Lets examine their characteristics:

1.Represent human females.
2.Have exgaserated secondary sexual characteristics.
3.Were often found with males who were separated from females during extended hunting trips.
4.Were designed to be held with one hand.

Now compare these with the characteristics of a Playboy centerfold photo.  Do I have to
elaborate?

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander