Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 20:52:09 -0700
Moira wrote:

>Also, why do I feel a revulsion for raw meat?
Don wrote:

Upbringing. It can be overcome. Only a couple generations ago they bought
chickens live and chopped their heads off in the back yard.

 Moira wrote:
My dad used to cut chickens' heads off, and he told me they will sometimes
run a few steps before they die, with no heads on.
My dad lived on kind of a subsistence farm, only one generation ago, where
he tended the family vegetable garden, which was huge.

Then he worked as migrant labor for other  farmers, on their wheat ranches,
travelling from farm to farm and working as a Scottish American migrant
worker, behind horses no less. He is now 84 and in great health.

I wish my husband would agree to go back to this kind of life, with a paleo
diet, but I would still cook my meat and eat it rare, not raw!

I would love to have my own chicken flock and get fresh eggs and fresh
chicken, instead of factory food. The more I learn, the more the factory
food makes me feel sick.

Moira