Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:58:36 +0800
7BIT
From:
Molly NiDana <[log in to unmask]>
> Sure I eat the odd biscuit, eat the odd slice of bread etc but broadly
> speaking I try to follow the basic low carb tenet.

I don't understand this. Bread and biscuits seem like the easiest
kind of thing to avoid.  Of course, after being strict about this for
6 months, I am very aware of my gluten intolerances now, and I was
previously unaware that there was a problem.  If you don't give
something a fair trial, how will you ever know?  I read recently that
it takes our bodies at least a year of strict gluten and casein
abstinence to stop producing antibodies against them.

In fact, I had a strange experience just the other day - my youngest
brother *said* he understood my eating plan, but then he served me
Chinese food with sauces thickened with cornstarch and flour.  I
actually had my throat close up and I started choking after about 10
minutes. It was awful, and clearly an allergic reaction, as this is
what used to happen when I would get a bee sting. Fortunately I
survived it ok, but I'm not taking any more chances.

I had thought that this was a voluntary plan, just for weight loss,
and health stabilization, and that I could "cheat" as much as I
wanted, but our bodies are much more survival oriented than we think!

Molly <[log in to unmask]>