BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 04:06:23 -0700
Thanks.  I like the price.
Norm
At 10:49 AM 9/30/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>--part1_17d.f545f68.2ac9be88_boundary
>
>The Sonyt Walkman model  WM-FX-281 is a portable tapeplayer with AM, FM, TV
>chanel and Weather Band.   It includes the ability to preset stations.  it is
>a little confusing at first but it has good tone.  I bought one for $29.95 at
>a RAdio Shack off Mass achusetts Avenue in Boston on Saturday.   They didn't
>have any more and you don't have to go to Radio Shack to get one.  I think
>it's a pretty elegant little device.  The headphones that come with  it are
>not suitable for walking - you'd have to get a different set of sports
>headphones if you want to be listening outside and moving, but the headphones
>are fine for indoor use - good quality, too.
>
>Dan Flasar
>
>--part1_17d.f545f68.2ac9be88_boundary
>
>The Sonyt Walkman model  WM-FX-281 is a portable tapeplayer with AM, FM,
>TV chanel and Weather Band.   It includes the ability to preset
>stations.  it is a little confusing at first but it has good tone.  I
>bought one for $29.95 at a RAdio Shack off Mass achusetts Avenue in Boston
>on Saturday.   They didn't have any more and you don't have to go to Radio
>Shack to get one.  I think it's a pretty elegant little device.  The
>headphones that come with  it are not suitable for walking - you'd have to
>get a different set of sports headphones if you want to be listening
>outside and moving, but the headphones are fine for indoor use - good
>quality, too.
>
>Dan Flasar
>--part1_17d.f545f68.2ac9be88_boundary--

                         Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
CEO EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
22196 Caminito Tasquillo
Laguna Hills CA 92653
(949) 922-5992
http://www.rit.edu/~easi