BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Jaquiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:40:14 -0700
Hello:

     The printer shown at CSUN was a Tektronix Phaser 600.  It does indeed
produce raised lime graphics.  This is a large machine that can print on
paper 36 inches wide.  The printer is about the size of a small upright
piano.  The only negative comments I received about the Phaser 600 are
that some people find the lines too low.  Other than that just about
everyone I met loved the machine.  The Phaser 600 has a relative, the
Phaser 300.  Both printers use the same hot wax printing technology.  The
Phaser 300 is much smaller about two and a half feet high, deep and wide.
The idea is to make a field upgrade kit that would make possible a less
expensive printer.

If you can use the output from the Phaser 600 as it currently is, you can
buy one right now.

        Robert Jaquiss

P. S.

     I am an employee of Tektronix Inc.  I was running the demo for
Tektronix and Blazie at CSUN.

[log in to unmask]  Public Access User --- Not affiliated with Teleport
Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-14400, N81)