From:
Chris Silker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:32:28 -0600

Ok - I think that I've perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe and
thought that I would share it with everyone. My gluten-consuming friends
agree that these are delicious, and consume the cookies as fast as I can
make them. My friend's 5-year old daughter eats both dough and cookies with
great pleasure and has never said anything about how the cookies taste
weird at my house - another good sign!

3/4 cup butter/margarine (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter or lightly
salted butter)
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c white sugar
2 tsp gf vanilla (or so - I just kinda dump it in there...) - the powder
doesn't work so well
2 eggs (I use pasteurized eggs, so we can eat the dough)
1 c sweet rice flour (my rice and tapioca flours are from an Oriental market)
1 c rice flour
1/4 c tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum (can decrease this a bit if the dough seems too stiff)
1 c chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add dry
ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips.

Bake for about 10 min at 350F, or until the edges are just starting to turn
golden brown. Do NOT overbake. Let sit for a few minutes on the cookie
sheet so they can set. These cookies don't warm up well in the microwave -
they get a bit crumbly. Also, I tend to bake a pan at a time and keep the
rest of the dough in the fridge, as these cookies dry out faster than the
traditional kind.

Chris Silker     Plymouth MN USA      [log in to unmask]