RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 14:01:45 -0500
Stefan:
>since you explained the diet of your ROF-guest I believe that your
>LA RAF event has been real. That was the critical point. :-)

I understand your doubts as the ROF diet makes even instincto look
mainstream. :-)

>Very interesting your detailed information about RAF and ROF.
>What about poultry in the diet of your guest? And what about insects?

I suspect very little but do not really know. I will ask him at our next
meeting.

>By the way, I have eaten anchovies raw and since they are so small
>I didn't care for gutting. I simply ate them as a whole but I chewed
>them.

I had a few bites and found them quite tasty. I am off to my local fish
market tomorrow to find out if they will be getting some in any time soon.
I do not think they are very commonly eaten here on the West Coast.

>Instincto theory argues, that chewing is essential for predi-
>gestion and it sets free substances that allow your body to recog-
>nize the amount of food eaten. If swallowing without chewing you
>would exceed the necessary amount a lot.

He does not overeat but I agree that chewing makes a lot of sense.

>Since freezing is a kind of denaturation I wonder why your ROF guest
>is using it.

Eating ROF's in the amounts he does when he comes across some of good
quality, he has no option but to buy them in a large quantities and freeze
them. As he has found that his instincts work fine with ROF's that have
been frozen and their healing powers to be intact, he figures the
denaturation to be minimal.

>I made the experience, that sulfur containing foods are best for
>healing chemical poisoning. These foods are: garlic, onions, leek,
>horseradish, durian (!) and perhaps cempedak and jackfruit. The latter
>two I am not sure about.

And I believe cabbage as well. Regarding these foods his attitude is quite
hygienic.

>Did your guest ever eat durian? Does he like garlic?

I will ask him.

>A last point: Does he chew bones and eat them?

I remember him showing us how he eats the outer softer layer of the bones
and my impression was that this layer was tendons and cartilage. I do not
know much about bones and do not know if it is even possible for a human to
gnaw on the hard part of a bone. I will add this to my list of questions
for him.

Best, Peter