RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:20:13 +0000
Hi Ellie,
>When I ate SAD I once had Salmonella so bad from some cooked chicken I
>ruined a mattress. I began RAF by eating Sashimi in Sushi bars. I think
>I had Salmonella from some salmon. It lasted one hour and that was it.

I always read, that cooking destroys Salmonella and that it can catch
you only if you are eating raw eggs or dishes made with raw eggs. So
I'm confused now. Can you help me?
And salmon containing Salmonella is a riddle to me too. I thought, they
are only infesting chicken? Is the similarity of the names intended
here because Salmonella originally are fish (salmon?) bacteria? I rea-
lized this similarity today because it doesn't occur in German. Salmon
in German is "Lachs" - no connection to "Salmonellen".

I think, I must have eaten lots of Salmonella, because I ate some eggs
from Orkos after having them stored for over one year at room tempera-
ture. On the other hand Orkos claims, that healthy chicken do not have
Salmonella. Do you know something here?

Best raw immune wishes,

Stefan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]