RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:49:39 -0800
Hi everybody,

So, what is bee pollen, anyway?  Is it extracted from honey or is it
something else altogether?  I got a little sample packet the other day that
said 'unheated' and tried some.  Taste was almost briny, reminded me of
seaweed only sweeter.  Tastes so bad it must be good for me, as the
saying goes.  The similarity to seaweed made me think it's the trace
elements or something.

And, if honey says 'raw, unfiltered, unheated' does that sound reliable,
or is there some maximum temperature associated with the term
'unheated' or some other consideration.  The honeys I saw in the NFS
labeled this way looked nice & clear to me and it made me wonder why
some bother to filter the honey.