RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 08:58:52 -0400
From: Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>

> On the subject of avacados and, possibly, what not to do with them.  Here
> is an experience I had yesterday (I should have known better, I know).
> Around 4-5pm, I ate one ripe avacado, followed by a medium banana and
> medium apple (one after the other). I ended up feeling rather sick
> (possibly overeating was the cause here); did not have anything else to
> eat since that meal (felt very full and unpleasant). Went to sleep around
> 9pm, and just woke up now, still feeling a little weird.

I am sure some instinctos would rush to say that you made a "bad"
combination: avo+fruit should be avoided, eat only vegetables with
avos, etc... On the other hand, that combination is well digested
by others.

Did you stop when you started feeling your stomach? Avos are very feeling
and heavy to digest. Myself, I have at several occasions felt like
a knot in my upper stomach when I stopped too late. It is very difficult
to eat "until satisfied", or "until not hungry anymore", instead of
"until full". The best would be to stop soon enough, so that we could
run just after the meal.

> I don't know if I'll ever get this "full/still hungry" feeling under
> control.   I mean, do you eat the darn avacado (or anything else for that
> matter) and wait until your stomach just feels completely empty (that I
> *can* tell; actually, "hear" is the right word - there is lotsa rumbling
> going on then, that's when it's really empty!) and then eat somehting
> else or should you not wait this long?  Has anyone here figured out what
> it means to eat when you're hungry?

I no longer feel or hear anything when "hungry". When I need to eat,
I only feel weaker (I don't make unnecessary movements, I am unwilling
to run or to walk fast, etc).

BTW, I haven't eaten an avo for weeks now (they are expensive: $1.60-$1.80
ea).

Best wishes,