Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 21:43:47 -0700
i have gout.  i take medication to keep it under control
though.  if your boyfriend doesn't want to take the meds,
here are a few suggestions.

1.  drink lots of water, as this helps to flush the uric acid
out of your body.
2.  don't drink alcohol.  alcohol slows down the elimination
of uric acid.
3.  don't take aspirin, take ibuprofen for the pain.
4.  eat cherries.  lots of people believe this helps.  some people
take a spoonful of cherry concentrate per day.
5.  don't take any vitamin supplements containg the mineral, molybdenum.

hope some of this helps.