From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 00:32:18 -0400
Corbie/Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I eat sushi -- it's great!  Much better than cooked fish.  Well, I wouldn't
>eat shrimp raw.

I wouldn't eat regular shrimp raw either, but there is a sweet shrimp that
is served raw in sushi bars. Called ama ebi (raw prawn). It is only
available in season, but I don't know when that is. I'll ask tomorrow when
picking up the salmon roe.

>I eat my meat rare but not raw.

If the meat is a solid chunk all you need to do is briefly sear the outside
edges where the bacteria could be. So you can eat meat that is mostly raw.
Try it, I'll bet you'll like it.

Don.