NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Doppenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:02:25 -0700
>I am a celiac as well as milk intolerant so RICE DREAM is a real treat
>for me and I drink a lot of it.  It has the same nutritional content as
>milk or better I understand.

Hi there,

 Sorry to talk out of turn....haha. We have Rice Dream in all of our grocery
stores that I have seen in S/E Ontario, but it is on the bottom of the
shelves so it is hard to spot. My question is, I have always been told that
Rice Dream has basically no nutritional value at all. That its just
something to put on cereal instead of milk, but does absolutely no good. The
nutritionist that told me this also tried to put my severly milk allergic
son on Carnation Good Start when he was a baby so I dont put much faith in
anything she told me after that. But I would appreciate a response if anyone
knows otherwise. Thanks

Keep the Faith ;-)

Rita