RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 1996 19:56:43 +0000
Hi Peter!

> Chet, I ever since you posted this I have been making it once or twice
> a day and just love it.  It meminds me of Ann Wigmore's Energy Soup,
> which I could never get enough when I was at her place some years ago.

Yeah, I can't stop eating the durn things either. I just wish I'd
started eating them over a year ago when Dr. Bass put me on to 'em.

> Adding a slighty fermented almond creme to it would make my taste buds
> sing to a degree, it would have have made any instincto green with
> envy. :-) To your basic recipe I have been adding lemon, avocado, and
> Summer squash and boy does it hit the spot. I sometimes eat the soup
> with celery stalks. My latest creation has adding whole fresh shiitake
> mushrooms to te finished soup.  Delicious!

I haven't tried the fermented almond creme, but it sounds good. I
have on various occasions added a small handful of different nuts on
different days, and their inclusion makes for delightful taste
variations. I did a week of cashew augmented blended salads and
really thought I was having gourmet fare. I like to eat my blended
salads with celery and/or carrots. Haven't tried the mushrooms and
probably won't since I don't have a liking for those ole fungi ('cept
Kombucha, which isn't a mushroom anyway). :-)

> As I have a fairly weak digestive system and tend not to chew my food
> properly this way of eating sure helps with the gas problems and
> bloating I often get from eating vegetables.

Yes, my experience agrees. I tend to eat too quickly so I can get
back to work and having the blended salads definitely helps with the
gas problems.

> If anybody else has tried making these blended vegetable soups, I would
> love to hear how it has worked for you.

One of the subscribers to my health tip just send me three new
recipes, and I'll get them up here as soon as I can figure out how to
convert them to a readable form on this PC of mine.

> P.S. I have been soaking chestnuts for 24 hours before eating them, but
> do not really find them any different than when unsoaked. I was hoping
> they would be tastier, and that it would be a lot easier to peel off
> the shell, but no such luck. Any takes on this would be appreciated.

I'm of no help here. Sorry.

Chet