RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 18:56:27 -0700
Peter Brandt wrote:
> Ellie:
> >I think it's fantasy for me to hope for sight in my bad eye. I still had
> >a toxic delusional mind two years ago when I listened to Bernarr
> >Zovluck's delusional advice that looking at the sun is healing. Talk
> >about toxic minds. There is a hole through the macula and nerve
> >cells are destroyed.

> Ellie, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. What was the condition of
> your bad eye before you followed Bernarr's ill advice to look into the sun
> - was it healthy and well?

Yes, both my eyes were healthy. I had been wearing a contact lens in my good eye, which may have
protected it from sun damage over the years. I
have no macular degeneration or cataracts. The damage was from looking at
the sun, which I did from time to time over a few weeks that summer. The
loss of central vision happened very suddenly one day, even though I
looked for no more than a second or two. The opthomologist said, because
of the sudden loss of sight, it was directly related to the sun. They
used to call it eclipse burn. I have been wearing glasses for years and
learned the Bates exercises at the ANH conference. Even the people there
recommended blinking at the sun if it is low in the sky. A dangerous
suggestion. I was hoping to improve my eyesight and maybe not have to
wear glasses. Another fantasy.

My best, Ellie