RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 18:12:22 -0700
Stefan Joest wrote:
> I always read, that cooking destroys Salmonella and that it can catch
> you only if you are eating raw eggs or dishes made with raw eggs. So
> I'm confused now. Can you help me?

I believe the cooked chicken that I got Salmonella from was undercooked,
and not enough to kill the bacteria. It happened to me twice at the same
resturant.

> And salmon containing Salmonella is a riddle to me too. I thought, they
> are only infesting chicken? Is the similarity of the names intended
> here because Salmonella originally are fish (salmon?) bacteria?

No connection. I can't be sure it was Salmonella, could have been any
bacteria, but my point was that since I have been eating this way I no
longer get bacterial poisoning. I think the Instincto theory is that
bacteria are helpful.

My best, Ellie