From:
Ann Mullikin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:34:47 -0400
STONE and SPEAR says,

< SNIP...The "key" appears to be ensuring all essential nutrients are present
then calorie restriction will increase your lifespan....SNIP...I'm "frenzy"
enough, so I'm going to go have breakfast with an extra egg because I kind of
like the feeling of well being that comes with eating natural food in the
amount the satisfies.>

I understand totally what is being said here.  From time to time I feel very
sorry for myself at the amount of food (total calories) it takes to maintain
my health.  I'm short in stature (5'0") and have a very effecient gut that
knows how to extract nutrients from low glycemic highly fibrous foods.  So I
eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and protein.  No grains whatever and very
little starches of any kind.  The closer I stick to this ideal the more
energy I have and the sharper the activities of my mind.  I have all kinds of
intolerances and allergies and sometimes I wonder if I'm not reacting to my
own endogenous insulin?  Just plain feel better when I keep it low as
possible.

Regards,

Ann