From:
"R. Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:17:25 -0600
From:    Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Blood types

>        Rye is subject to a parasitic fungus called ergot.  My botony
>books are packed for moving, so I can't get to specific here.  Anyway,
>"ergot poison" is refered to chemically as Lysergic Acid Dithalamine.
>LSD.  Both witches' sabbaths and astral attacks are explained through >the halucingenic effect

The naturally occuring entheogen in ergot spoiled rye is LSA (same as in
the Ipomeas)along with some nasty stuff that can cause gangrene.  The
witches were more into scopolamine (and other similar compounds) from
mandrake, henbane and the daturas.  Check it out in _The Pharmacotheon_
(J. Ott, ISBN: 0-9614234-3-9).  We burned them in another phase of the
Pharmacratic Inquisition (now called the War On Some Drugs) that began
about 395 CE when Alaric pillaged Eleusis. LSD is a synthetic derivative
of ergot.

Bob Cox