From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:26:09 -0400
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Carol Feehan wrote:

> >raw, but I think you couldn't eat many that way; you'd get sick.  Potatoes
> >are members of the nightshade family.)
>
> It's not the nightshade family that makes them inedible raw. Other nightshades
> (tomatos and green peppers) are quite delicious raw.
>
>              /carol

Yes, you're right.  But tomatoes and peppers sometimes cause people
problems - I think some folks find that their arthritis gets better if
they cut them out altogether.  Perhaps I should have carried the thought
through on paper and stated that plants in the nightshade family, while
not necessarily poisonous, are perhaps more likely to cause some people
problems.

Corbie