From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:16:22 -0400
I don't argue that there's a significant difference between pasteurized and
non-pasteurized foods.  However, the fact remains that juice is refined and
unnaturally concentrated.

I would not be too surprised to find out that the meat we're eating does
indeed cause problems because the animals are being fed unnatural feed.  As
for cooking, I cook my meat as little as possible.  Anyway, I'm trying to
get as close as possible to eating meat naturally.  I cannot afford wild
game meat in any bulk at this point, so that's simply not an option.  But
the opposite is true with fruits and vegetables and juices.  In that case,
you're taking a natural whole food, extracting one element of it so that
it's unnaturally concentrated, and disregarding the rest, which our
paleo-ancestors would have eaten whole.

I don't really know what "juicing" means as a verb.  I cannot conceptualize
how drinking fruit juice could "cure" diabetes, unless you're talking about
replacing sodas or stuff like that with celery juice or carrot juice.  Even
then, I think the word "cure" is a little strong.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, but I think "juicing" (at
least the way I understand it) is on the fringes of topical for this forum.
 Although Ray drinks fruit juices some, I get the overall impression that
the diet is mostly about eating whole foods which would require no
processing to be edible.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Take care,
John Pavao
<< A recent study that was actually reported on the news linked high
intakes
 of fruit juices in children with diabetes and overweight. >>

pasteurized juice, not fresh raw juice

it would be the same as linking heart disease with meat consumption

cooked meat, not raw meat, and definitely not wild, raw meat

people have actually cured their diabetes through juicing, so i've read, as
well as through raw meat