From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:56:10 -0500
I'm pretty convinced that almost all people are gluten intolerant to some
degree or another.  In the seeming majority of people, it would appear to
be almost unnoticeable, and so only those of us who have obvious symptoms
are thought to be gluten intolerant.  But when someone says, "if you go off
the paleo diet, you'll feel lousy and have stomach trouble", I think they
are referring to these symptoms.  When we finally stop abusing ourselves
with gluten, the body heals.  Your "tolerance" goes away because it's no
longer needed.  So if you cheat and have something with gluten in it, the
reaction is that much more acute.

This is all just speculation on my part based on observations and personal
(painful) experience.  If anybody knows I'm wrong, let me know.

Take care,
John Pavao
John said it...gluten!  That would be my first guess.  Gluten caused me all
kinds of problems, worst of all, neurological MS symptoms.  I found out
pretty fast though, that being off the gluten was not good enough.  I also
had problems with corn, soy, dairy (and tomatoes for awhile).  Ive been
eating paleo for about two months now and have no health problems at all
any
more!
Patti