From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 11:01:50 -0500
Mary <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>How do you guys make, or where do you buy, Trail Mix?

I believe Ray makes his own. I buy Ener-G Foods Granola/Trail Mix, but you
have to use a spoon to eat it. It contains: dates, sliced almonds, diced
walnuts, diced peanuts, diced almonds, unsweetened coconut, and honey. It
is toasted, and as you can see not 100% paleo. You can buy a case (12
pounds) for $32.40 (plus shipping) from 800-331-5222.

>Also, on paleo, my son ADORES pork rinds

Are you sure the ones you buy don't have MSG hidden in "natural flavors?"

> and almond butter as a snack.

How about snacking on raw almonds? I snack on organic ones. I'm now trying
to find out how much Walnut Acres charges for their organic raw ones, as
locally they are very expensive.

>As for fresh bacon, I found some at a reasonable price at the local Ranch
>99, which carries Asian foods. The only problem is, they do not slice it, it
>is a bear to slice that stuff, what with the rind and all!

You can buy a meat slicer. It would also come in handy for jerky and
pemmican. I seem to recall that nice ones were just under $100.

>fish
>about once a week, etc.

I now buy 1 1/2 pounds of raw tuna at the greenmarket on Saturdays. Raw
tuna just melts in the mouth. I do put a little wheat-free organic tamari
sauce on it.

Don.