From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 08:21:54 -0500
Do a web search on "Mary Enig" and "trans-fat".  Although this is "news" in
the mainstream, it's not news to anyone who's done any research in this
area.  The only oil allowed in my house is olive oil, and no margarine.  I
do not eat anything that is partially-hydrogenated.

Anyway, it's about damn time this came out.  It's the same deal as sugar;
there is so much money to be made from hygrogenated vegetable oils that
this seems to have been suppressed.  In fact, I'm surprised that it's come
out at all.  I heard something about it on CNN the other morning.  Still,
it's not the big deal you would expect it to be.  I mean, there was a
tremendous uproar about the fact that there are poisonous additives in most
cigarettes.  This is far worse; no one thinks that it's good for you to
smoke cigarettes!  But the American public HAS been brainwashed into
thinking that vegetable oils and margarine reduce your risk of coronary
disease when in fact they have been proven to do just the opposite!
 They're probably responsible for the tremendous upswing in cancer in the
last 50 years or so as well.  So where's the outcry?

Take care,
John Pavao

I've already sent this, but don't think it made it thru. So, here it is
again.

Am I really the first to comment on this study? I just read a report
from the Boston Globe about a study of 80,000 nurses. They found two
things:

 By halving their intake of transfats...