From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:38:30 -0500
ok, we're ready to venture into the home manufacture of pemmican....

to those of you out there who have tried this, some questions:
1)what is the finished product supposed to be like?  meaning, how will we
know if we did it correctly?  give us some clues as to the expected color,
consistency, and most important, taste.  is pemmican an acquired taste, or
do you just like it right away?
2) since this seems to be a complicated procedure, why do you do it?  is it
mainly for the taste, does it give you quick energy, is it because it is
portable? why?

thanks, JoAnn
(& Binnie [paleo-list lurker who is really losing weight on Neanderthin!])