From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 18:54:08 ADT
> But in order to stop these cramps,
> _toe curls_, I have to lay on my outstretched foot. It's weird, like
> my foot wants to fly away or something. I still am unsure of the
> cause. I think it's the added meat. I am trying calcium, vit e,
> and/or vit c supplementation to find the missing nutrient.

Micke,

I've had these cramps before, too.  I had to stand on my foot with my
other foot to keep my big toe down.  When it has happened to me,
adding sodium to my diet helped, which wasn't hard because I also
found that I craved salt on my food then, too.  Most of the time meat
and eggs taste just fine without salt, but sometimes they just don't
taste palatable without it, so I do what my body wants and salt my
food for a day or two.  When doing an Atkins-style lowcarb plan, I
have found I need to supplement calcium, sodium, and magnesium,
especially if I am getting more than my usual amount of exercise.
Does strenuous activity have anything to do with the timing of your
cramps?

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska  (warmed up to in the 20s this week)