From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:21:54 -0400
Personally, I've noticed in the past that rice didn't seem to give me the
kind of trouble that wheat did.  However, for me, too much of any grain
seems to induce heartburn and another problem I can't remember the name of,
but it amounts to the valve on the top of your stomach not staying closed
when you are laying down.  (It's no fun to wake up to.)

I've not read the D'Adamo book.  I guess I should, because I'm skeptical
about that idea.  But I do find it interesting that you lost plenty of
weight while eating lots of rice.  Is the D'Adamo diet a
caloric-restriction diet?  Were you calorically-deficient while you were
losing the weight?

Take care,
John Pavao

I have wondered about this myself. I am a celiac, and found that I lost a
lot of weight after giving up the gluten containing grains. After reading
D'Adamo's book I also gave up corn and dairy (Im a type O)and my weight
dropped significantly further  despite the fact that i was still eating a
lot of rice. Because of my sugar addiction I recently turned to an Atkins
type plan, giving up rice, and my weight has not dropped further, (although
I am quite thin so may not have much left to lose). So I am inclined to
think from my own experience that the gluten grains and corn are the big
baddies for me!