From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 13:58:13 -0400
jwagner wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Bill Wilcox wrote:
> >  I always used to add sugar
> > but that is a no-no now.  I add a 6oz can of apple juice concentrate
> > instead.  Is the apple juice ok?  I know that apples are legal but
> > is this too much fructose?
> > Thanks.
> >
> Bill,
>
> Are you just starting a low carb diet for the first time?

Yes.  Been about 6 weeks.

>  It sounds like maybe
> you like things very sweet.

This is true, though my preference for sugar is greatly diminished.

>  Fruit is paleo, but if you're trying to lose
> weight, it can really stall you out.

Started out at 218# 6 weeks ago.  I weighed in at 193# this morning.
I'm 5'11".  Will probably level out permanently at about 175#.  Oh, I
did have a carbo binge a couple of weeks ago when we were out of town.
This stalled the weight loss for about a week.  I was averaging 5# per
week up until that time.

> and make them crash later.  Perhaps a little stevia sweetener instead?  It

What is stevia sweetener and where do I get it?

> Onions are sweet, so maybe more of those?

Maybe I should just change from regular onions to the Vidalia sweet
onions.

> It's strange but true; the longer I'm on Neanderthin, the more sensitive I
> am to sugar and sweet taste.  I ate onions, cooked today with other
> veggies in a stir fry, and I was astonished at how sweet they tasted to
> me.
>
> Jackie

I used to like a candy bar or bowl of icecream every now and then but
haven't had any urge for one for several weeks now.

Bill