From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 11:45:41 -0400
Hey, watch me get this back on topic!

I'm reading a book called Organic Gardening from Rodale Press.  In the
beginning of the book (I just bought it last night), Rodale talks about an
Englishman in India in the 40's who was the pioneer of the organic
movement.  Anyway, this guy got a 75-acre parcel from the government and
let the locals farm it and paid attention to what they were doing.  They
composted and returned every bit of organic matter that they could to the
soil.  Soon, their families and animals became healthier.  Then he talks
about a boys school where he applied this knowledge and none of the boys
ever got colds or sicknesses, but the kids in other schools did where they
were using artificial fertilizers in their vegetable farming.

There's some food for thought, eh?

Take care,
John Pavao

One thing is for sure:  start a compost pile.  There is nothing in the
world that is as good for your garden as home made compost.  The home made
stuff is 100 times better than anything you can buy.