Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:00:57 -0700
Muriel Hykes wrote:
>       Whoaaaaa!  That has got to interfere with the
> absorbtion of the other B vitamins.  The most I ever
> heard of them using was 1000.

from Dr. Anthony Cheung F.R.C.P. (G)
"the therapeutic dosage of the treatment of schizophrenia and
hyperlipidaemia is oftentime 3 grams (3000 mg) daily or more in divided
doses"

interesting side notes:
- niacin is taken after meals with lots of cold water
- aspirin is typically used for several days before niacin treatment
begins
- aspirin may or may not be continued (usually 30 minutes prior to the
niacin)
- use niacin combined with inositol

It's important to seek guidance and supervision from a Doctor for mega
dose niacin.