From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 08:06:53 -0400
>In 1843, Stanislas Tanchou first grouped what are now known as
>autoimmune disorders. His finding that the more grain you eat, the more
>likely you are to develop cancer is, statistically, one of the best risk
>assessment criteria for determining one's likelihood to develop the
>disease.

What makes this finding more important and believable than all the studies
that show the more meat you eat, the more likely you are to develop cancer
and vascular disease?

Again, the point is what is natural? What is the best food for
>me? Whether I can survive in the long term eating a known carcinogen
>such as grain is not an experiment in which I am willing to participate.

A lot of the people on this list are participating in an experiment that
will not have it's conclusion until after  decades....Namely that eating
lots of meat, very little starch, and for the most part inadequate fiber
will be better for you.  Maybe the coming generations will better be able
to sort all of this out because of these people!
Paul Getty
Morehead City, NC