From:
Molly NiDana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:45:59 +0800
> I breed and show dogs and there are all sorts of people out there now
> making their dogs eat like they do - low fat and protein.  And, dogs seem
> to be having more health problems than ever!!
> My dogs are on the highest protein and fat dog food that I have been able
> to find - and they thrive ;)
> --Paula--

We feed our Belgian Turvuren a raw, primarily meat diet. Acting on
advice in the book "Give Your Dog a Bone" by Australian vet Dr.
Billingsley (I may have the name slightly wrong - my copy is out
again) we buy 40 pound boxes of chicken "shells" (carcasses from
which most of the meat has been removed) at a local meat wholesaler
for $12.80 per, and use them as the main meal. We also give raw bones
of all sorts, and the occasional (very occasional) meal of ground
vegetables.  We have found that they stay in prime condition this
way, and whenever we give them kibble for more than a month, no
matter how expensive, their coats lose color and they blow their
coats (just what you want right before a show, you bet...)

Molly Ni/Da/na
San Francisco, California
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/4715/