NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane McMonagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 20:45:19 -0500
Thanks for the tip.  I found the 800 number and the info should be in the
mail.  I checked out your internet page.  It covered things very well.  I
did notice one omisson.  I have found a valuable resource in the Food
Allergy Network.  I get a regular newsletter, and they mail me "Emergency
Alert" notices when a manufacturer admits contamination of product that
could affect allergic persons.  They also have a very good cookbook.  Their
home page is at  http://www.foodallergy.org/index.html.

BTW you mentioned that sometimes companies won't sell to individuals.  I
work for a pharmacy.  I wonder if they would sell them to me there.

thanks

Diane McMonagle

----------
> From: Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Rice Dream and competitors
> Date: Wednesday, April 02, 1997 9:23 AM
>
> Hi -
>
> Rice Dream recentlyt had a promotion at my mother's local health food
> store at whcih they gave out recipe pamphlets.  (Abnout a dozen pages.)
> assume that you could phone their 800 number to obtain a copy.)
>
> Westbrae also puts out a series of rice milks.  We use their calcium/A/D
> entriched version which comes in a half-gallon container.  (At our
> store that's $2.99).  They have an 800 number which I'll post if you
can't
> obtain it trhough information.
>
> Westbrae gave us the names/numbers of several distributors who would sell
their
> products (and other products) to us wholesale.  We're about to follow
> through on that, since my son lives on the stuff.  We go through over a
> quart a day!
>
> Hope this is of interest,
> --Beth Kevles
>   http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html -- a page for the